Keep your Home at its Best with a Home Maintenance Checklist
Whether it’s monthly or yearly, with our home maintenance checklist, you’ll always know what can be done to keep your home in peak condition.
Performing routine maintenance on a home is essential to ensuring that it will remain in good condition for years to come. With so many different areas of a home to look after, it can often be difficult to know where to begin. To help make planning your routine maintenance a little easier, we’re sharing our home maintenance checklist with things you should do monthly or yearly to keep your home at its best.
Monthly Home Maintenance
Completing tasks on a monthly basis can not only have incredible benefits on the condition of a home but can also help save money by taking steps toward preventing damage from neglect. By using a monthly home maintenance checklist, completing tasks regularly is simplified and easier to manage. Every month, we recommend:
- Checking to make sure that interior and exterior air vents are not blocked.
- Cleaning air vents to remove any dirt or other debris.
- Replacing any air filters in your home.
- Checking your water softener and refilling if necessary.
- Inspecting and unclogging any drains throughout the home.
- Removing any mineral deposits from showerheads or faucets.
- Cleaning the garbage disposal.
- Inspecting fire alarms, fire extinguishers, and carbon dioxide detectors.
Annual Home Maintenance Organized by Season
Since annual home maintenance tasks only happen once a year, it is essential that they are not skipped. Each season has different tasks that should be done during that time of year, and they are usually meant as a way to prepare your home for the upcoming season. With a seasonal home maintenance checklist, you can plan ahead in order to guarantee your house is ready for what each season will bring.
- Prepare your HVAC system for the summer by having a professional come and inspect the unit.
- Inspect roofing for leaks or damage and repair as needed.
- Inspect the exterior of your home for any damage to paint, holes, or cracks.
- Make sure trees and other plants aren’t interfering with electrical lines or the foundation of your home.
- Clear any debris from gutters.
- Inspect window and door screens and clean, repair, or replace if needed.
- Repair any weather stripping around doors and windows.
- Deep clean your home to declutter and remove dirt and allergens.
- Have a professional inspect and pump your septic tank.
- Inspect plumbing for leaks and clean the aerators.
- Replace any faucet or showerhead washers around your home.
- Clean and repair any grout around the home.
- Inspect the dishwasher for leaks.
- Check and clean your dryer vent and any exhaust vents to the outside of your home.
- Clean the refrigerator and freezer coils.
- Winterize your AC system.
- Prepare your heating system for the winter and have a professional inspection.
- Inspect your furnace and replace it if needed.
- Inspect and tune-up and major appliances.
- Flushing the water heater.
- Clean bathroom exhaust fan grill.
- Test electrical and GFCI outlets.
- Inspect doorways and windows and seal any openings as needed.
- Clean any sediment from the showerhead and piping.
- Inspect and clean dishwasher drains.
Prepare with a Pro
No matter the season, Mason Pro Services is here to assist you when you need it most. While a home maintenance checklist is excellent for taking preventative action, inevitably, wear and tear of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems will require repairs. When that time comes, our team of highly trained professionals will be ready with a solution to your problem. Contact us today and see how we can make a difference in your home.